Assignment #4 Instructions:
Before completing this Project -Assignment #4, please review Assignments #1, #2, & #3 and the OPT Template (attached). Using this information, you will design a cumulative 3-6 month training program utilizing the OPT Model and the three different levels of training- Stabilization, Strength, and Power.You will also include a general periodization plan for the remaining 6-9 months totaling 1 year. Please use the previous programs (Assignments 1, 2, & 3) you have developed and your newly developed OPT Power Phase program, along with your rationales to develop an adjusted and comprehensive yearly training program. Remember, you will continue to use the same client that you started with in the first assignment and following the guidelines provided by NASM.
DO NOT simply cut and paste from your previous assignments; please synthesize each of them into this one, final project, making changes as necessary. Hopefully you got some ideas as we progressed in the course that you can integrate into the plan.
OPT Power Phase 5 must be created first and then incorporated into the final project. Clearly point out within your final project your inclusion of the OPT Phase 5 completed Template and Narrative.
OPT Power Phase 5: Based on the goals of your client you will design a program using OPT Power Phase 5 and incorporate it into your client’s Annual OPT Training plan and your final project. For this phase you are responsible for providing the following information regarding your client’s NASM OPT Power Phase 5 program:
- OPT Program Power Phase 5 Including: Cardiorespiratory training protocols, SMR & Flexibility training protocols, Core & Balance training protocols, Reactive training protocols, Speed Agility Quickness (SAQ) training protocols, and Resistance training protocols.
- Performance Assessment information (or performance assessment data collected) with rationale about how this information will inform your program design
- Narrative discussing why you chose specific training protocols for your client and how your choices will help your client reach his/her training goals.
- Completed OPT Template(s) (Refer to Chapter 10 of your text book)
3-6 month NASM OPT training program Final Project must include:
- Title Page
- Background information of your client
- All Assessments (Fitness, Postural, Movement, Performance Assessments, plus Cardiovascular & Strength) * Can be submitted as separate documents, label accordingly.
- A 1 year periodzation plan (see attached NSAM OPT Fitness Annual Program Design.pdf)
- 3 OPT Templates filled in for 3-5 phases – each phase can last 1 to 2 months All acute variables filled in * Can be submitted as separate documents, label accordingly.
- Narrative: Detailed rationales for each phase of training (explain and support what you have chosen and why) appropriate rationale for each phase Including: Cardiorespiratory training protocols, SMR & Flexibility training protocols, Core & Balance training protocols, Reactive training protocols, Speed Agility Quickness (SAQ) training protocols, and Resistance training protocols. Detailed rationales for decisions regarding 1 year periodization plan.
- Reference page
All of the above information must be relevant and woven together with the client’s performance goals to build upon and develop a client specific exercise program. Please express sufficient detail in your program covering all acute variables such as Intensity or Weight (using Rep maximum data), Sets, Reps, Tempo, and Rest.
Please submit your assignment using a combination of narrative & any charts/graphs that you think are appropriate (see attachments). Be sure to provide a detailed (and appropriately referenced) rationale for why you have chosen each one of your exercises (based on the items from the Fitness Assessment from Assignment #1 & Program progression from Assignments #2 & #3).
The narrative of your paper should be at least 8-10 pages. Any charts or tables you add will add to this. Using charts and tables will help to provide visual guidance as to your client’s health status and your thought process. Please support your rationale for using any and all of your assessments with appropriate academic sources (minimum of 5 + textbook = Minimum 6 References).
The writing component must meet all rules of APA formatting (6th edition) and MUST be submitted in WORD document format only.
- title page
- page numbers
- in-text citations
- reference list