Answer the questions below.
- Do you think that students whose native language is not English and are in the process of second language acquisition, experience additional stress in the learning environment?
- If so, what events or occurrences throughout the day might attribute to this extra stress? If not, explain your thinking?
(minimum 150 words)
Study the resources in the lesson materials section and respond to the questions below. You must reference information from at least two resources to receive credit for the discussion board.
- Is it possible for a teacher to mistake a student’s acquisition of conversational skills for an understanding of academic language? Why or why not? How might this affect the student?
- How can educators support English Language Learners in the classroom?
- What can teachers do to ensure that stressful experiences associated with second language acquisition are limited or eliminated?
(minimum 200 words)