Essay about Argumentation
1. Use induction and/or deduction
2. Try to avoid logical fallacies
3. Use appropriate outside references as adequate and fair evidence to support your arguments
4. You MUST use correct MLA style for your in-text citations and works cited page.
5. I will check plagiarism using TURNITIN.COM.
–State the problem or issue
–In some cases, state the possible positions to be taken on the problem
–State the position you will take in your essay
–Offer supporting evidence that the position you take is the reasonable one to hold
–Anticipate objections to the position and acknowledge or refute them
–Affirm the position and make a final appeal
–You should have an introduction paragraph in your essay
–You should have 3-5 body paragraphs, each body paragraph to begin with a topic sentence, followed by supporting evidence
–You should have a conclusion paragraph
–Your essay should have 1,000-1200 words
Choose one topic:
1). Should an illegal immigrant be given a driver’s license?
2). Marijuana should be legalized for medicinal purposes.
3). As an exercise, swimming far exceeds running as a means to health and fitness.