Imagine you are a resident in a community that doesn’t utilize community corrections but feels strongly that they are needed. You are presenting the concept of community corrections and alternatives to community leaders, administrators from the court system, and local correctional administrators.
Create a 11- to 20-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes. Address the following in your presentation:
- (1 slide) Introduce the topic.
- (2–4 slides) Define what community corrections is.
- How does community corrections affect the society in which they are practiced?
- What hypothesis can you make about community corrections and their overall effectiveness within the correctional system?
- (1–2 slides) Explain how community corrections differs from institutional corrections.
- (2–4 slides) Explain how community corrections works.
- What is a typical process for community corrections?
- (2–3 slides) Explain the process for starting a community corrections program.
- (1–2 slides) Discuss how community corrections can help the offender understand the impact they have on the victim and the impact on their own family.
- (1–3 slides) Make recommendations related to community corrections for your local community that would be relevant for community leaders, administrators from the court system, and local correctional administrators.
- (1 slide) Include a slide for resources.