Job interviews require planning and preparation in order to increase the possibility that they will be successful. There are specific steps and strategies that can assist you with interview preparation, but you must also understand the different types and methods of interviews. This assignment will help you differentiate between different types of interviews and assist you in preparing for an interview.
Imagine you have submitted your resume and application for the career path you chose in Week 1, and you have been selected for a face-to-face, behavioral-based interview.
Review Ch. 12 of Career Directions for strategies for successful interviews.
Write a 350- to 525-word interview preparation plan by responding to the following questions:
- What makes a behavioral-based interview different from other types of interviews?
- What steps will you take to prepare for the interview?
- What do you need to bring with you to the interview?
- What are 5 to 6 interview questions you will be prepared to answer in the interview? How will you apply the STAR process when answering these questions?
- What questions will you ask during your interview?
- What do you need to remember about each of the 5 stages of an interview?