An organizationâ€™s ability to provide its employees with additional knowledge or skills that employees can effectively utilize remains central to raising the level of performance and productivity of both employees and the organization itself. Too many training opportunities, though, are not effectively created and utilized. The consequence is that the training presentation or program does not change the basic character or performance of an employee.
Research an organization that recently enacted a new or innovative training program. Be sure to choose an organization with which you are familiar and for which you can gather sufficient information to successfully complete this assignment. For this assignment, develop a well-written paper that includes the following:
- Provide a brief background of the organization and detail the general issues/problems that the training was intended to address (for example, the lack of motivation within the sales force).
- Present the general components of an effective training plan and assess whether the training program developed and implemented in your example followed general components of an effective training plan, explaining why it did or did not.
- Finally, evaluate whether the training plan may be effective or not, stating how you would modify the training plan to raise the chance that it may effectively modify the behavior/attitude of the organizationâ€™s employees and therefore lead to greater productivity and profitability.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length
- Include at least two scholarly sources that support your position as stated in this assignment
- Be formatted according to the APA Requirements
- Sample paper for format requirements attached