- Read the WSJ article A Better Approach to Violent Crime.
- For your discussion, consider the following questions:
- Explain how violent crime is very ‘concentrated’ in certain areas nationwide. Recall what you learned about Shaw and McKay’s concentric zone pattern and apply it to your discussion.
- Are long-term prison sentences effective in deterring crime? Explain your answer with evidence.
- The author questions the term, “Violent Offender.” Discuss the discrepancy with this term using data on age and gender as it relates to violent crime.
- Choose one of the programs for violent crime reduction mentioned in the article that you think is the best approach for addressing this social problem. Explain why you think this is the best alternative to increased incarceration.
https://assignmentgeeks.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x60.png 0 0 Paul https://assignmentgeeks.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/logo-300x60.png Paul2021-09-15 16:23:182021-09-15 16:23:18to critique the current social problem of mass incarceration for violent crimes