For week 5, you will want to review the following reading materials.
- From Business Communication for Success, Chapter 9, section 9.4, “Report”
- “How to write a business report,” from Victoria University of Wellington. Click here to access this document.
- Murdoch University offers an excellent resource, “Guide to Business Report Writing.” Click here to access it
- Colorado State University offers a fine website on advice for writing business reports. Click here to access it.
- Monash University has a website thate features a sample case study report along with comments to the student on the report. Click here to access the site.
- From the eReserves in our class: Forsyth, P.K. (2013), Making numbers clear, in How to write reports and proposals, third edition.
In addition, please watch the video, Writing a Formal Business Report. The video is linked to at the top of the Content list for this week.
After perusing some of these materials and observing the video, please answer/respond to the following:
1. Look at the list of seven sections that your assignment directions state your report must contain. Do you understand the format of your research based report?
2. Within the assignment directions it states that students must use seven (7) sources for this assignment. Three (3) of these must be scholarly journals. Explain the difference between a scholarly journal and any other type of source.
3. Your report must be 2-3000 words long. How many pages would that be (you should probably think in terms of 12 point Times New Roman type). State briefly which section you think will be easiest to write, which section you think might give you trouble, and which, if any, section(s) you are not sure you understand.