Information Technology Project Management
Q1. Select two of the questions/scenarios below and post an original thread in this week’s discussion forum – 400 words or less.
1. How important is it for a project manager running an IT project to have technical skills in the technology being used in the project he or she is running? Explain. What are the skills necessary to be an effective project manager? Elaborate.
2. Define the project management triple constraint and explain its significance to project managers. As an IT project manager, how do these impact your projects?
3. Describe two projects you have worked on previously either during an internship, in class, or as a full-time employee. Describe one project that went well and why and describe one project that didn’t go very well and why. In the summary, explain why you believe IT projects have a poor success rate.
4. Discuss the reasons why IT projects differ from projects in other disciplines. What implications does this have for modern IT project managers?
5. Explain the makeup of the Project Management Institute. Along with this list the reasons for the creation of the Project Management Institute. What is the value of this organization?
Q2. Research and read about the “Triple Constraint.”
Prepare a 2 page double spaced paper that discusses the following:
Many projects are challenged by the triple constraint. In your own words, explain the triple constraint and how it impacts projects. Provide an example of the triple constraint in a real project. In addition, explain whether meeting time, cost, and scope constraints are good indicators of project success. Finally, you are a major stakeholder in this class. As a stakeholder, what do you expect in order for the class to be a success – i.e. what are your success criteria?
NOTE: You must use the APA in-text citation format to credit the author and include a properly formatted reference list.
Text Book for Reference:
Brewer and Dittman, Methods of IT Project Management – 2nd Edition. ISBN: 978-1-55753-663
Note: Please Take of Grammar & Plagiarism. I am expecting a Good Quality work from you.
Q1: Dead line – 12 hours
Q2: Deadline – 24 hours