Prior to completing this assignment, read the Ashford University Institutional Outcomes located on the Syllabus page for this course. Additionally, read the Bachelor of Arts in Psychology Program Outcomes (pg. 248) located within the Online Undergraduate Programs section of the Ashford University 2013-2014 Academic Catalog.
After reviewing the information provided above, you will create a two- to three-page case study focusing on professional and personal scenarios (they can be real or hypothetical) in which you evaluate your learning as it contributes to the overall attainment of Ashford University’s institutional outcomes and the Bachelor of Arts in Psychology program outcomes.
In the body of your paper:
- Discuss the Ashford University institutional outcomes and the program outcomes by identifying their relevance to a profession in psychology.
- Create one personal life example and one career example in which you (or a fictitious person) struggle with personal challenges and an ethical dilemma (e.g., a client or research subject reveals compromising information about a friend or family member who also happens to be someone you know in a personal/social context).
- After identifying the problem, include a section wherein you address each of the following prior to making a decision about a course of action:
- From your point of view, what is the problem?
- From the point of view of other individuals, what is the problem?
- What are the options? What are potential consequences of the options?
- What are the risks of each potential solution?
- What are the risks of not resolving the challenges effectively?
- What evidence/data do you have to assist you in decision making?