Review the Riordan Manufacturing Virtual Organization.
Write a paper of no more than 1,400-words that includes the following:
• Determine Riordan’s manufacturing strategy (chase, level, or combination) and explain its benefits.
• Create a process flow diagram for the electric fan supply chain.
• Select two metrics to evaluate performance of the electric fan supply chain.
• Describe the supplier relationship and the effects on the supply chain. As part of this,consider the following:
• Type of relationship.
• Supplier location, size of company, and financial stability.
• Metrics used to measure supplier performance (on-time delivery, defects, etc).
• Supplier improvement strategies.
• Describe how lean production principles may be used to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the electric fan supply chain process.
• Select a business forecasting technique (qualitative or quantitative) for the electric fans anddescribe the forecasting process to be used at Riordan.
• Create a sales forecast for electric fans using selected techniques.
• Develop an Aggregate Production Plan, Master Schedule, and Materials Requirement Plan for electric fans based off the sales forecast. Be sure to include the following:
• The determination of inventory requirements of the electric fans component parts and finished goods.
• The selection of an appropriate inventory system (fixed order quantity, two bin method, etc.) to meet inventory requirements.