According to the text, Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) is an important cybersecurity initiative that requires careful planning and coordination in protecting our infrastructure.
You may use the following resources in order to complete the assignment,
- “National Infrastructure Protection Plan”, located at http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/NIPP_Plan.pdf
- DHS Critical Infrastructure Security Webpage, located at https://www.dhs.gov/topic/critical-infrastructure-security
- “NIST Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity,” located at http://www.nist.gov/cyberframework/upload/cybersecurity-framework-021214-final.pdf
- “NIST Roadmap for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity,” located at http://www.nist.gov/cyberframework/upload/roadmap-021214.pdf
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Interpret the Department of Homeland Security’s mission, operations and responsibilities.
- Detail the Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) initiatives, what they protect, and the methods we use to protect our assets.
- Analyze the way in which CIP has or has not advanced between the releases of the DHS’ NIPP and the NIST’s Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity. Justify your response.
- Describe the vulnerabilities that should concern IS professionals who protect the U.S.’s critical infrastructure.
- Suggest three (3) methods to improve the protection of the U.S.’s critical infrastructure, and justify each suggested method.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of IS professionals in regard to protecting the U.S.’s critical infrastructure, and indicate the strategic ways that you believe IS professionals could better serve as protectors.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources outside of the suggested resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Use this template for the paper: APA_Template_With_Advice_(6th_Ed) .doc