A Key Concept in Information Systems
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
research one (1) concept in
information systems that you have studied in this course. You may select a topic
of your choice or you may use one (1) of the following:
- Mobile and wireless networks / security
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Present an overview of the origin and history of the concept that you have
- Describe one (1) current use of the concept that you have chosen. Include at
least two (2) examples of such use in individuals, organizations, and / or
governments to support your response.
- Discuss common attitudes toward the concept. Next, discuss your own
attitudes toward the concept in question. Justify your response.
- Explain the fundamental strengths and weaknesses—or the advantages and
disadvantages—of the concept that you have chosen. Justify your response.
- Describe the prevailing view that experts hold about the likely future of
the concept in question. Include the views of at least three (3) experts to
support your response.
- Use at least six (6) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites
do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.