Complete the following :
The grades.sav file is a sample SPSS data set. The data represent a teacher’s recording of student demographics and performance across three sections of the course. Each section consists of 35 students (N = 105). There are 21 variables in grades.sav.
This week’s assignment is on ANOVA. You will analyze the following variables in the grades.sav data set:
Quiz 3: number of correct answers
Step 1: Write Section 1 of the DAA: The Data Analysis Plan
- Name the variables used in this analysis and whether they are categorical or continuous.
- State a research question, null hypothesis, and alternate hypothesis for the analysis of variance (ANOVA).
Step 2: Write Section 2 of the DAA: Testing Assumptions
Test for one of the assumptions of ANOVA – normality.
- Create SPSS output showing the Shapiro-Wilk test of normality. Run the Shapiro-Wilk test on the dependent variable test for the entire sample. Do not split the data up by gender before running the normality test.
- Paste the table in the DAA.
- Interpret the Shapiro-Wilk test and how you determined whether the assumption of normality was met or violated.
Step 3: Write Section 3 of the DAA: Results and Interpretation
- Paste the following SPSS tables into the document:
- Descriptives table
- ANOVA table
- Multiple Comparison table
- Report the means and standard deviations of quiz3 for each group of the section variable.
- Report the results of the F test and interpret the statistical results against the null hypothesis and state whether it is accepted or rejected.
- Finally, if the F is significant, interpret the post-hoc tests (multiple comparisons).
Step 4: Write Section 4 of the DAA: Statistical Conclusions
- Provide a brief summary of your analysis and the conclusions drawn about this ANOVA.
- Analyze the limitations of the statistical test and/or possible alternative explanations for your results.
Step 5: Write Section 5 of the DAA: Application
Analyze how you might use the ANOVA in your field of study.
- Name an independent variable (the IV should have three or more groups/categories) and dependent variable that would work for such an analysis and why studying it may be important to the field or practice.
Submit your DAA template as an attached Word document in the assignment area.