COUNTRY : CHINA
Discuss the Health/healthcare of your chosen country:
- Is it national, private, etc.? If a country has both or additional types of healthcare, discuss all forms.
- How much is spent on healthcare per capita and compare that to the U.S.
- Indicate doctors per capita.
- Are dietitians used in the healthcare system? If so, indicate number per capita.
- Is their healthcare system considered good, bad, or acceptable?
- How much is a typical doctors visit? Based on the economics above, does the average person have enough money to see a doctor?
Discuss each of the indicators of health below:
- What are the top three causes of mortality?
- What are the top communicable diseases and non-communicable diseases?
- Rates of infant mortality
- Rates of maternal mortality
- Life expectancy
- Overweight/obesity rate
- Diabetes rate
- Food insecurity rate
- Rates of malnutrition
- What do the above values tell you about the health of the county’s citizens?
- What is the double burden of malnutrition?
Discuss key nutrition-related issues including:
- Macronutrient/micronutrient deficiencies
- Indicate WHO breastfeeding recommendations?
- Give breastfeeding statistics for your country. For example, how long to women typically breastfeed? What percentage of women breastfeed? Include any pertinent information on this topic.
- Are there typical micronutrient or macronutrient deficiencies that would cause problems for the mother or child with respect to breastfeeding? If so, discuss the issues.
- Can the top three causes of morbidity (discussed above) be reduced from improved nutrition? If so, indicate how.