Week 8 â€“ Assignment: Signature Assignment: Change an Outdated Policy
Write an analysis of an outdated educational policy. Locate an outdated educational policy about the use of technology in the classroom either from your school, an outdated text on school technology, or the Internet. (Note: Include a copy of the policy at the end of your paper as an APA Appendix.) Analyze your selected, outdated educational policy against current practices in PK-12 education using information from peer-reviewed research. Consider the leadership role you would perform in changing this obsolete educational policy by addressing the following items:
- Include the NPBEA standards pertaining to the policy.
- Explain why this policy change was selected, the importance to schools in general, and to the type of education-related setting in which you work or aspire to work.
- Explain how this policy may have been influenced by historical educational leadership theories and ideas from the past.
- Identify the pros and cons of the policy, as described in the professional literature.
- Explain the current or desired ramifications of this educational policy change.
- Include a draft of the revised educational policy at the end of your paper.
- Describe a plan to change the policy to include collaboration from those who will be affected by the policy change (e.g., teachers, students, parents, staff).
- Discuss both written and verbal communication about the policy, including both pros and cons (verbal may be from school board minutes or other types of community discussions).
- Identify any budget implications driven by needs for equipment, materials, and/or training.
- Develop a timeline for the implementation of the educational policy change. Then, discuss any additional needs such as training, equipment, etc.
- Include a conclusion that outlines the important elements of the educational technology policy and the implementation plan.
Length: 12-15 pages, not including title and reference pages
References: A minimum of five scholarly resources
Note: Students in the Principal Leadership Certification specialization MEd program must achieve a â€œBâ€ or better on this assignment in order to pass this course.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy. Review NCU’s Academic Integrity Tutorial to refresh your knowledge of how to achieve academic integrity.