Week 2 Activity – Funding Research
(North Carolina) (Wake Technical Community College)
-Wake County School District – Either one if fine.
Different forms of revenue and expenditure types are common in K-12 and institutions of higher education funding. With budget shortfalls becoming routine, it can be challenging to strike the right financial balance in schools and institutions of higher education. In this activity, you will research a local K-12 or community college financial budget, locating the primary funding sources. Then you will propose recommended changes to the budget.
Write a 1–2-page paper in which you:
· Examine a local school district or community college budget.
. Become familiar with your local school district or community college budget process by searching their respective website for budget information.
1. If you are unable to locate this information, contact your local school district or community college for budget information.
· Determine where the funding originates from. What percentage is from federal, state, or local taxes?
· Recommend changes to your K-12 school or institution of higher education’s revenue stream to strengthen its financial position.
. Explain changes you would propose.
· You should list any budget documents referenced as your source for this activity. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the