After reviewing the background information on density altitude, develop a structured and engaging initial post that covers one of the following topics below (read ALL of the options before choosing one):
- Present a practical, understandable definition (NOT the dictionary definition) of density altitude, and discuss the atmospheric factors that affect density altitude.
- Outline the hazardous effects of a high-density altitude on aircraft performance. Include one or more images or short videos that enhance your post content (provide the URL of the image(s) or video(s)).
- Outline airport locations, seasons, and times of the day of potentially high-density altitude conditions. Include one or more images or short videos that enhance your post content (provide the URL of the image(s) or video(s)).
- Summarize a high-density altitude-related incident or accident within the aviation industry.
Embed at least one graphic or video that helps visualize some aspect of your initial post discussion.
- To embed a YouTube video, simply paste the video URL into your post.
- To embed images from the web directly into the discussion post, review the Canvas resource, How do I embed an image in a discussion reply as a student? (Canvas Community) (Links to an external site.)
- If you have trouble embedding the image into your post, you can simply insert the image URL directly into your post.
- To avoid “thunder stealing”, try to stick to the topic of your option selection without going (too much) into a discussion on the other options.