We’re going to do our final week for Environment and Humanity a little differently. This is partially driven by the fact that this course is online. However, I also want to give you all an opportunity to interact with course material in a way that is relevant to you and your career goals. You have two options (outlined below).
Take one of the topics that we have covered in this class and convert it to a form that you might use one day in your career. This is going to require a little creativity.
Here are some examples:
- If you plan to be a teacher, build a lesson plan for a future class on solar power
- If you want to be a graphic designer, design an infographic about ocean acidification.
- If you want to go into business, build a presentation about making your company more environmentally friendly.
- If you plan to go into psychology, design a research project that investigates why people do or do not participate in recycling programs.
You are not limited to those ideas, but hopefully they prompt some thought. Start brainstorming as soon as you can!
Below are the associated due dates for the 3-requirements of this project:
- Proposal of project idea (15pts): Dec 1
- In 1-2 paragraphs, describe your project idea and how it aligns with your career.
- Final Projects (50pts): Dec 3
- During the final exam period: that on Dec 3, you must do the following also:
- Presentations (15pts): Dec 3
- In 2-3 mins, give us an overview of your project and how you might use it in the future. So, here you need to do a Some slides about the project with detailed notes under each slid that can be enough for 2-3 minutes talking.
- Participation (10pts): Dec 3
- Ask questions of your classmates and engage with the topics that they present
- VIP: Write the expecting questions with the answers please.
Finally, I’ll share with you all the 30 online lecture ppt if you would, bout I think you already have them with you since we work together for the entire semester. Anyhow, if you need them let me know.