Choose ONE of the following to answer on:
A: Consider passive euthanasia (allowing someone to die) and active euthanasia (administering drugs that cause death). Is one more ethical than the other? Explain your reasoning with ethical theory.
B: Consider the practice of physician assisted suicide. Explain whether or not this practice is ethical and why. If you believe it is, explain what requirements should be met before such a request be granted (age, terminal diagnosis, level of pain, etc.)
In addition to your posted answer, be sure to comment on at least two of your classmates’ post and participate regularly. Responses to others can come in many forms and can include the following:
- Responses to the ideas or details of someone else’s responses.
- Application of a concept from the reading to life or to the questions you’re asked to answer.
- Assistance for a peer in understanding a concept from the reading.
- Sharing a story from work or your community that illustrates the reading.
- Asking questions on points you need help understanding.
- An explanation of why you answered a question in a specific way.
- Pointing out how different answers took the question in different directions/noting a pattern/suggesting an explanation.
- Developing theories to explain patterns you see in the reading.
- Summarizing aspects of the assigned reading and asking for help from your peers in figuring out how you would apply this concept in a real world situation.