KINESICS: the study of body motion or body behavior.
- Emblems: gestures that have a direct verbal translation and can stand alone such as the “ok” sign.
- Illustrators: gestures that complement our words such as pointing when giving directions.
- Regulators: gestures that may prolong or terminate the conversation such as looking at your watch, walking away, or nodding and leaning forward.
- Adaptors: gestures that make you feel more comfortable in a communication situation such as twirling your hair or tapping your fingers.
- Affect Displays: facial expressions motivated by emotion such as a smile or frown.
Describe at least ten separate gestures.
What are they conveying? How many repetitions?
What are the circumstances?
- At least two pages typed– MINIMUM of 675 words
- Double spaced
- Paragraphs, not bullets
- Include nonverbal terminology
- Specific examples
- MS Word format.