Objective: Develop an audio-narrated PowerPoint presentation based on the research you have conducted about your chosen medical condition or disease
Assignment Instructions: Using the course project steps completed to date, you will develop your presentation based on the work you submitted for Assignments 1 and 2 as well as the feedback you were given.
To prepare for this assignment, I recommend that you do the following:
- Read these directions carefully.
- Review the presentation grading rubric below. The grading rubric is a detailed evaluation that I will use to assess your performance. It also will help you understand what is expected of you as you prepare your assignment.
- Message me with any questions!
- Your presentation will be submitted as an audio-narrated PowerPoint, narrated by you, the student. You cannot use “text-to-speech” programs or technology that do the narration for you unless noted as an approved accommodation in a current DSA letter you have furnished to me. For instructions on how to create audio narration in PowerPoint, see the following link: Record a Slide Show With Narration. Audio narration is a requirement!
- There must be a visual element (e.g., photos, videos, graphs, figures).
- Your presentation must contain approximately 10-15 slides (excluding references) and run approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Please note that less than 10% of your presentation should contain direct quotes.
- Proper use and pronunciation of scientific terminology are required. For help with pronunciation, see this link: Meriam-Webster Medical Dictionary
- Be sure to properly cite your work, both internal to the presentation as well as within the reference slide (this includes photos, graphs, figures, videos, etc.).
- All references listed on the reference slide should be cited internally within the presentation, and vice versa.
- You will submit this presentation to your classmates to review and discuss as a part of the Week Eight Forum.
The required elements: Your presentation should contain the following elements in the order listed below.
In addition, I expect that any feedback provided to you from Assignment 1: Annotated Bibliography and Assignment 2: The Outline be incorporated into this assignment. Please go back and review those comments. I. Introduction Slide(s) – this section must contain the following: A. Student Introduction B. Topic selection and reason for selecting C. Definition of medical condition or disease D. History of medical condition or disease. Content Slides – this section must contain the following four main subtopics (the subsections below each subtopic are recommendations to use if appropriate to your disease/condition):A. Statistics/Epidemiology1. Statistical prevalence (e.g., overall, gender, age)2. Types of distributions (e.g., frequencies, patterns)3. Types of determinants (e.g., causes, risk factors)B. Financial Costs1. Costs to the individual/family2. Possible costs to society3. Loss of productivity C. Anatomy & Physiology/Etiology1. The normal and abnormal structure & function behind the disease/condition2. Cause(s) of the disease/condition D. Diagnosis/Treatments/Prognosis1. How this disease/condition is diagnosed (e.g., history, exam, diagnostic imaging, labs)2. How the condition/disease is treated (e.g., traditional medical treatments, alternative methods of treatment)3. The prediction of this disease/condition’s outcome III. Conclusion Slide – this section must contain four to six points that sum up the main topics of the presentation.IV. Reference Slide(s) and Internal Citations – this section must contain the following: A. Internal citations – This is not just a separate section; rather, referencing should occur throughout the presentation via parenthetical citations anytime you paraphrase, make direct quotes, or use visual components from other sources. Please be sure to cite any language, images, videos, etc. in the presentation that should be cited. B. Reference Slide – Your paper should also have a final reference slide listing 5-10 credible sources researched for your presentation. NOTE: This section is not included in the slide count for your presentation. C. Do not include your summary/evaluation from Assignment 1: Annotated Bibliography; simply list the references utilized in your presentation in APA format on the reference slide.
NOTE: For this presentation it is based off the 1st presentation and then the outline. (CHF)