Find a TED Talk or speech recorded and posted on Youtube (at least 5 minutes in length). While watching the speech, think about the following questions.
- Does the introduction gain the audience’s attention?
- Is the topic suited for the audience?
- Did the speaker have good information?
- Did the speaker talk too fast, too slow?
- Was the speaker too loud or soft?
- Was the speaker’s gesture appropriate or distracting?
- Did they make good eye contact?
Write a 1-2 page paper, using proper spelling and grammar, that addresses the following:
- Provide an introduction describing who spoke, what they spoke about, and where you heard the presentation. Make sure to cite the source in your references page.
- After the introduction, talk about what parts of the content were done well and what the speaker could have done better. Address at least 2 different elements of content.
- Next, talk about what parts of the delivery were done well and what the speaker could have done better. Address at least 2 different elements of delivery.
- End with a conclusive paragraph, giving your opinion about whether the speaker was effective or not. Explain your reasoning.