I’m working on a business multi-part question and need an explanation and answer to help me learn.
5.4 Chapter Questions 5
- Recognize common types of routine requests and outline an effective strategy for responding to them
- Recognize common types of positive messages and outline effective strategies for responding to them
- Compare and contrast the direct versus indirect approaches to composing negative messages and apply the three-step writing process to them
Under the Apply Your Knowledge section at the end of Chapters 7 and 8:
- Respond to questions 7-9, 8-7, and 8-10
- 7-9 your company made a mistake that cost an important business customer a new client; you know it, and your customer knows it. Do you apologize, or do you refer to the incident in a positive light without admitting any responsibility? Briefly explain
- 8-7 can you express sympathy for someone’s negative situation without apologizing for the circumstances? Explain your answer.8-10 if your social media monitoring efforts pick up a tweet that accuses your customer service staff of lying and claims to have evidence to back it up, how would you respond?