This final project assignment is associated with the NCF (non-completion failure) grade. Failure to complete this assignment will result in the issuance of a grade of NCF if the course average would result in a failing grade in the course. Students should contact their Academic Counselor or Program Director if they have any questions regarding the NCF grade and its implications.
Review the following lectures:
- Workplace Privacy
- Credentialing of Healthcare Providers
- Healthcare Workforce Diversity
- Diversity as a Multicultural Social Concept
- The Spectrum of Diversity Viewed as Self
- Striving to Understand Cultural Competence
Before beginning work on this assignment, please review the expanded grading rubric for specific instructions relating to content and formatting.
In this week, you will have the opportunity to reach back throughout the weeks of the course to develop your final summation response to either one of the topic questions listed below. This is a cumulative course assignment.
Diversity is present in the professional workforce and the patient population. Strategic human resource management’s (SHRM’s) function is essential in the process of recruiting and selecting new talent to assemble an effective workforce. In this process, SHRM must perform a process of credential verification and training. New employee assimilation into the workforce is a crucial process. However, there exists a number of functions SHRM must exercise to be successful and contribute to the strategic vision of the organization.
Review the concepts presented in the prior weeks of the course to develop your response:
- Discuss SHRM as an integral function of identifying need and talent to staff the healthcare organization.
- Comment on the nursing shortage and address the concerns created in workforce diversity, cultural considerations, licensure, and credentialing.
- Explain how the employment legislation acts presented in Week 1 of the course might apply to the foreign-born and educated healthcare professional working in the United States.
- Discuss diversity as a difference from the viewpoint of the individual.
- Evaluate the application and theoretical effectiveness of the LEARN and ASK mnemonics.
Submit your answers in a 2- to 3-page Microsoft Word document. Support your answers with appropriate examples and research.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings, credible Internet sources, and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.
- Post your response to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Cite all references in APA format.
- Name your document SU_HCM3046_W5_Project_LastName_FirstName.