To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review Chapters 9 and 10 in your course text.
- Think about dietary constraints of people who are lactose intolerant.
- Consider how these individuals can still eat healthy, well-rounded diets despite their dietary constraints. Think about how people can sustain healthy energy levels, given their restricted diets.
With these thoughts in mind:
Post by Day 3 a 3- to 4-paragraph summary recommending a nutritional plan for an individual who requires an alternative diet. Select an issue above or identify another issue related to dietary restrictions or health issues. In your summary, be sure to address the following:
- Describe the RDAs for proteins, carbohydrates, and fats, as well as any other important vitamins and minerals you feel should be highlighted for an individual with your selected dietary restrictions or requirements.
- Suggest specific foods and serving sizes that will help the individual meet their RDAs while considering their dietary or health issues.
- Recommend 2–3 substitutions the individual should make in regard to their dietary restrictions or health issue. Describe why they are healthy substitutions. For example, you might suggest kidney beans instead of chicken for a vegetarian because kidney beans have comparable protein levels for equal weight.
- Suggest a daily or weekly activity plan to help the individual meet activity needs while still being healthy and balanced.
Be sure to support your ideas by connecting them to the week’s Learning Resources, or something you have read, heard, seen, or experienced. Use at least two APA-formatted references for full credit.