This discussion board relates to this week’s learning objective: Examining health care and health care policy in America. Discussing the mental health care system in America. Reviewing substance abuse’s effect on society, the human body, human development, and relationships. Additionally, Social Work skills, values, and ethics will be discussed in regards to substance abuse, health care, and mental health care.
The purpose of this discussion board is to help you become more familiar with how individuals and families are treated by their local health care, mental health care, and substance abuse treatment systems. Policies, treatment programs, and Social Work roles will be applied to the case study. You will begin to identify the needs, problems, and resources in the health, mental health, and substance abuse communities. Connecting course concepts to the features of your case studies will allow you to see how each system (health, mental health, substance) work together and work apart.
Create a new thread and in the subject line have your name and the title. Posts should be no less than 300 words and no more than 500 words. You need to address the following questions in your response:
1. How do you think the healthcare/mental health care system handled your client’s case so far? Is there an area where the health care system could have assisted your client in a better way?
2. Discuss whether or not your client is a part of an “at risk” population for substance abuse. If they are, what would your role be as a social worker? If they are not, how would you educate your client about dependency/addiction?
3. Discuss one “health/mental health” ethical issue that would affect your client/case study. How would you discuss the ethical issue with your client and keep your personal values in check?
4. What is one question that you have about your case study/client and its relation to this week’s module material?
5. Please ensure that you respond to at least one peer in addition to your own post! Peer responses are expected to be a minimum of 100 words. Be sure to include critical thinking and thoughtful feedback in your response to ensure you earn the full amount of points in your post.
book used in class–> ISBN-13: 978-1305258990