Please see the bottom of page 146 – top of page 147, Task 4.7, in the Activities section of Chapter 4.
- Read the assignment carefully.
- You will be doing this assignment on your own, rather than as a member of a team.
Please complete the following tasks:
- Read the e-mail message contained in 4.7 carefully.
- Identify the writer’s purpose–what is she trying to accomplish?
- List the problems presented by the writer’s style, tone, and lack of audience awareness.
- These problems produce a huge obstacle to achieving the purpose of the e-mail.
- Re-write the email message, so that the new version reflects a more audience-centered, courteous, and professional approach, while still achieving its important purpose.
- Limit your assignment to one page!
- Your email should NOT be a “rough draft.”
- Rather, it should be as near to complete as possible and should be a document you would give to your supervisor to review.