Choose a work of visual art, in this same spirit, that was created between 1870 and 1930, anywhere in the world, which resonates with you personally.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper discussing how you would transform this image to make a strong personal statement using one of the following contemporary visual arts media:
- Computer-based media
Include the following information about the original work of art:
- The name and nationality of the artist
- The media that was used
- Title of the original art work
- The date it was created
- A full verbal description and visual analysis of the work
- The aesthetic movement it represents
- The message it was intended to communicate
- The influence of new technologies (photography, film, video, computer-based media, etc.) on the selected work, if applicable
Include the following about the new work of art:
- A detailed description of the work you would create
- A description of how you would create your art work
- A description of the media, process, and materials you would use
- The message your new work communicates
- Where your new work would be displayed and the intended audience
- The role of new technologies (photography, film, video, computer-based media, etc.) on your new art work
- Explain how the message you intend relates to the message that was intended by the original artist
Review the following supplemental resources for reference:
- For The Judgment of Paris, see Fig. 19-25 in A World of Art.
- For Le Déjeuner sur l’herbe, see Fig. 19-24 in A World of Art.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines. This means that a title page, introduction, and conclusion are present. Legitimate scholarly references (not Wikipedia, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias, or About.com) should be used and cited, including a reference page. 3-5 sources are required.