In Week 3, you created an annotated bibliography on a set of topics. For this assignment, use that information to write a thorough literature review. Develop a paper from the information you collected as well as what you learned from your course and text readings. To supplement your literature review for this paper, find two more scholarly journal articles related to any of the topics here (added to the six articles you reviewed in Week 3, for a total of at least eight articles; see article criteria from W3 Assignment 2):
- Criteria: Clearly identify and describe your chosen disorder. Include the following:
- The typical age of onset of the disorder
- Symptoms or criteria for diagnosis
- The typical course or progression of the disorder, causes, and multicultural and diversity factors (including gender)
- Associated problems or disorders that tend to co-occur
- History: Describe the history of the disorder. (Explain how our understanding of the causes and treatment of the disorder has changed over time.)
- Theories: Compare at least two psychological theories that seek to explain the causes and symptoms of the disorder.
- Treatments: Identify and describe three of the most effective (on the basis of your research findings) treatments for the disorder. Provide information from your sources to back up your statements.
Write a paper in Microsoft Word document, adhering to the following guidelines:
- The length of the paper should be 12–14 double-spaced pages (including the title and reference pages).
- The paper should have the following sections:
- A title page
- Introduction: This should be 1–2 pages in length. The introduction provides a brief overview of what will be covered and the purpose of the paper.
- Literature review: The literature review should be based on the information you gathered and analyzed in Week 3, in addition to at least two additional articles. In total, you should be including at least eight academic journal articles in this paper.
- Discussion and conclusion sections: The difference between a great paper and a marginal one is the depth and originality of the discussion and conclusion sections. This is where you bring together what you learned from the literature review (as well as through the course) in your concluding remarks regarding your topic. The discussion and conclusion sections should be 1–2 pages in length.
- References page
The paper must use proper APA style for citing sources and references. Apply APA standards to citation of sources, including use of in-text citations and full references.
- Name the paper SU_PSY4400_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit the paper to the W5 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, February 21, 2017.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria|
|Included two more scholarly journal articles related to the topics listed in the assignment.|
|Created a 12–14 double-spaced pages paper, including a title page, introduction, literature review, discussion and conclusion sections, and references page.|
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner and demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA), including the use of correct spelling, grammar, professional vocabulary, and APA format.|