Prior to completing this discussion, please read chapters 10.6 and 15.1 in the textbook, watch the Environmental and Genetic Influences on Intelligence video, and review any relevant Instructor Guidance.
In this minimum 300 word post, you will explore the role of society and community agencies (more specifically, schools) in developing the optimum learning and pro-social behavior of children. Include at least one scholarly sources to support your work.
- Explain the major themes of Montessori-style education and typical education formats for children.
- Analyze child development research and theory by creating a bulleted list or table describing three (3) benefits and three (3) drawbacks of each style.
- Within your lists, consider and comment upon the developmental domains: physical, cognitive, and psychosocial.
- In what ways does each style of education benefit or ignore each domain?
- Explain the role of these in the development of optimum learning and pro-social behavior in children.
- Additionally, consider the stages of development from toddlerhood through adolescence. In what ways are the educational needs of children and adolescents similar, and how do they differ?