Assignment 2.3: Justification Report – Part 3 (Final)
In Assignments 2.1 (Part 1) and 2.2 (Part 2) of the Justification Report, you built up the major parts of your formal, researched justification report (Problem Statement, Overview of Alternatives, Criteria, Methods, Evaluation of Alternatives, Findings and Analysis, and References). For Part 3 you will begin by inserting your revisions of Parts 1 and 2 based on your instructor’s suggestions. Then, you will include a few new sections. Note: Some sections presented below are out of order so pay attention to where the section should go (for instance, the Transmittal should be the second page of your report based on the provided template). It is essential that you present the final report in the correct section order.
Use the basic outline below to draft your paper. Organize your responses to each question under the following section headings:
- Preliminary Parts (for Question 1)
- Introduction (for Question 2)
- Problem Statement (for Question 2b)
- Terminology (for Question 2c)
- Major Sections of the Report (for Question 2d)
- Scope and Limitations of the Research (for Question 2e)
- Recommendation (for Question 3)
- References (for Question 4)
Using the provided template from Week 4, write Part 3 to complete a single-spaced report in which you:
- Create the preliminary parts of the report that precede the Introduction (after reading Chapter 11 in the textbook). Each element (1a to 1d) appears on a separate page (1a should be page 1, 1b should be page 2, etc.). The preliminary part includes:
- Title Page
- Transmittal (stand-alone business letter)
- Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Create an introduction that tells what your report is about. The introduction includes:
- Begin with a general introduction paragraph that gives the reader any needed background information on the company or problem.
- Include the Problem Statement that you already created and revised in Part 1.
- Include terms that readers will need to know in order to understand the report.
- Briefly summarize the major sections and findings of the report developed in Parts 1 and 2. Note: This is in addition to including the revised sections not instead of including the revised previous sections from Parts 1 and 2.
- Discuss what your report will cover and what it will not (including limitations such as research, time, information, or any other factors the reader should consider when reading the report).
- Create the Recommendation section of the Report.
- Provide a one to two (1-2) sentence recommendation based on what your Evaluation of Alternatives and Findings and Analysis sections have determined is the most feasible alternative (i.e., solution) to the problem in the Problem Statement.
- Create the References section, which goes at the end of the Report by pasting in your revised References page.
Note: Remember to organize the report by the section headings. The report should reflect a style and format appropriate for business; single spacing and bullet points are acceptable for formal business reports.
Your assignment must:
- Be typed, single spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.