For the final Portfolio Project, write a paper about an event in the period of U.S. history up to the era of Reconstruction. This paper must illustrate the perspectives of a specific person or group of people (e.g. freed slaves) within a historically marginalized population. For the purpose of this assignment, we define historically marginalized as people whose perspectives have not been represented in history texts until very recently. Discuss the person’s or group’s era and experiences in context of what was happening around them, prioritizing their experience rather than the established narratives of the dominant experience. Possible perspectives of Anne Hutchinson.
This paper must include a discussion of the following topics:
- A thorough summary of the event, including the incidents that took place and the key individuals involved
- The importance of the event in the larger scope of U.S. history
- How the event changed the daily life of the person from whose perspective you are writing
- A prediction for how the event will make a long-term impact in the lives of those in the under-represented group from which the perspective is being written (keep in mind that this perspective should be written from the time at which the event took place).
Please adhere to the following requirements for the paper:
- Adhere to CSU-Global Guide for Writing and APA Requirements
- Consist of at least four full pages but no more than six pages
- Use at least five sources, including a scholarly journal article
- Please be sure to include a Reference Page in APA style with this assignment. Try to choose scholarly resources, focusing on primary sources whenever possible.
- Have an introduction and strong thesis
- Make use of historical evidence and examples supporting your thesis
- Finish with a forceful conclusion reiterating your main idea.
Attached is a completed paper. I need help making this a great paper! I’m having trouble.