Memory loss is frightening. The purpose of this assignment is to make you think of memory loss realistically. Complete the steps listed below:
- Watch the video, Living Without a Memory, which provides an overview of memory and discusses actual cases of memory loss.
- Select a movie that has featured a character with memory loss. Describe the main features of the impairment exhibited by the movie character.
Engage your critical thinking skills. How accurately is memory loss featured in the selected movie? Specifically, does the memory loss in the movie resemble actual cases? Is appropriate terminology used? Is the prognosis realistic?
- Note that statements regarding the accuracy or inaccuracy of the memory loss illustrated in the movie are to be supported by evidence collected by cognitive psychologists and neuroscientists (i.e., experts). Thus, review the literature on memory loss and use at least two peer-reviewed articles that can answer the questions above. Although your opinion is valuable and always welcome, it needs to be supported by scientific evidence.
- Express your thoughts about how the movie could have more realistically depicted memory loss, its cause(s), time-course, and prognosis.
- Describe the memory loss featured in the selected movie as well as discussing its accuracy Keep in mind that accuracy refers to the description of symptoms, potential cause(s), prognosis and actual time-course.
Your paper must begin with an introduction to the selected topic in which you define all concepts that will be discussed in the paper. You must also include a conclusion expressing your thoughts about how the movie could have more realistically depicted memory loss, its causes, time-course, and prognosis.
The Understanding Memory Loss Paper:
- Must be four to five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
- Must use at least two peer-reviewed source in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
Please No plagiarism or recycled work.