“Critical Thinking in the Workplace” Please respond to the following in 6-7 sentences:
- The video clip “Thinking on the Job” illustrates the importance of critical thinking, especially in work contexts. Define the concept of critical thinking in your own words. Discuss a time in either your work or personal life in which you needed to be able to use critical thinking to either solve a problem or acquire a skill.
- Determine the manner in which you would show a potential employer that you possess solid critical thinking skills. Give your opinion on whether or not you believe that individuals can increase their critical thinking skills. If you believe that they can, explain certain steps that individuals can take to improve this skill.
“Understanding Barriers to Our Own Thinking” Please respond to the following:
- From the www.procon.org Website, select one (1) topic of your choice and read the Pro section and the Con section on the selected topic. Next, choose three (3) reasons listed under the Pro section and three (3) reasons listed under the Con section. Based on the biases discussed in Chapter 2 and the reasons presented at the Procon.org website:
- State your position on the selected topic. Determine the biases you experienced as you examined the reasons for and against your position.
- Describe your reaction to your experience of these biases.