Conduct an interview with someone from one of the following special populations studied this week:
- African American
- Latin American
- Arab American
- White ethnic
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender
- Differently abled
Obtain faculty approval of your selected population.
Prepare interview questions that ensure that your interviewee covers the following topics:
- The interviewee’s view of the dominant culture, including strengths and weaknesses
- The interviewee’s experience with prejudice and what has he or she done to manage it
- What information the interviewee thinks would be important for a human services worker to know about their special population
- What services would be helpful to the interviewee’s special population in today’s society and in the future
- How language has affected the interviewee and his or her connection to their culture
- If the interviewee has experienced discrimination and, if so, how it has affected them physically or mentally
Create a 5- to 7-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation that provides an overview of the interviewee and a summary of his or her responses to the topics covered in the interview.
Note. Online students must include detailed speaker notes.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.