Write a 900 word paper (3 pages) nominating for a Genius Award a 20th figure (artist, architect, writer, composer, or philosopher) from the Modern era (1900 to 1950s) whose work or artistic contributions and influence are still recognized as important today. The nominated figure should stand out in your mind as a genius of Western culture and be someone whose works you admire. The paper must include the following:
- A very brief summary of the individual’s life and times (no more than one paragraph)
- A brief survey of the ideas or artistic works that reflect this persons’ genius (one paragraph)
- The individual’s impact an influence on the arts and culture
- Will the individual’s contributions be likely to continue influence cultural development? Why?
- Defend your choice! Why do you think this individual deserves the award?
Cite at least two academic sources in the paper. Use articles from Goggle Scholar and / or the UOP library. To get to Google Scholar, type in “Google Scholar” in a Google search box. Avoid using Wikipedia entries as a source. References under Wikpedia entries can be used as sources.
Papers will be assessed for the following: content, organization, and structure, and how well students defend their choice of genius. Detail and creativity will be factors in assessing the final work.
Format your assignment according to appropriate course level APA guidelines.