I need an article review for this article in the topic, it must be minimum one page, and maximum a page and a half. I will attach a pdf file of the article, and below ill list the review guidelines of the article.
The student writer:
1. uses the opening sentence of the summary to capture the ideology (belief) of the author. YOUR USE OF THE WORD “BELIEVES’ DOES NOT IMPLY IDEOLOGY, BUT RATHER A HUNCH ON THE PART OF THE AUTHOR. THE AUTHOR’S IDEOLOGY IS REVEALED THROUGH HIS PERSPECTIVE, WHICH IS IMPLIED BY HIS ARGUMENT. IF HE SUSPECTS CORRUPTION, HE MAY BELIEVE THAT GOVERNMENTS ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED TO DO THE RIGHT THING, EVEN IN TRAGIC CIRCUMSTANCES. AN IDEOLOGY IS A GUIDING PERSPECTIVE THAT DETERMINES HOW WE SEE A SITUATION.
2. captures specific details from the text or video that relate to the opening sentence of the summary.
3. uses attribution throughout (attribution means attributing the ideas to the author/s, as in “In their TED talk, Lott and O’Toole tout the importance of play in scientific discovery. They define play as….”) — ALWAYS INTRODUCE THE SOURCE. DON’T WRITE “This article” BECAUSE THE WORD “THIS” DOES NOT PROVIDE A FRAME OF REFERENCE FOR YOUR READER.
4. quotes sparingly from the text being summarized (most of the writing in the summary is the student’s)
5. uses objective voice (does not insert personal opinion)
6. provides necessary but brief background information for the reader, such as the type of source (lecture, autobiography, letter, magazine article) and historical and geographical context (present day, pre-Civil War south, ancient Greece, etc).
7. explains ideas fully (does not leave the reader wondering what something means)
8. has few to no grammatical errors
9. uses consistent verb tense
10. uses active voice. If you are not sure what active voice means, see https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/539/02…
11. provides a Works Cited list in MLA