Designing a Team Equation
1. Obtain 15 index cards and mark each as follows: five with Guard, five with Forward, and five with Center.
2. Group the cards to form as many complete basketball teams as possible. Each team needs two guards, two forwards, and one center.
1. Write the formula for a team. Write the formation of a team as an equation. Use coefficients in front of each type of player needed for a team.
2. How is this equation like a chemical equation? Why can’t you use the remaining cards?
3. How do the remaining cards illustrate the law of conservation of matter in this example?.]