Unit 1 – Process, Capacity, and Constraints:
Prepare a 1000-word minimum paper (excluding title page and references), that addresses the following:
- Research potential companies for this project in the service and/or production/manufacturing industry sectors via the Deets Library. Select a company that produces or manufactures goods or provides services. Then, research this company more thoroughly through available resources in Deets Library and company documents available on the Web.
- Prepare an overview of the company in terms of number of staff, size, location, and position within the industry.
- Detail its approach to and processes for producing or manufacturing its goods or providing its services.
- Explain how to proceed with evaluating its processes using processing analysis tools and techniques.
- Explain how to proceed with evaluating its capacity for production or manufacturing, or providing services, and assess any known constraints. If the information is available, evaluate and/or report on its capacity and constraints.
In addition to course materials, research industry related journal and periodical articles written in the last five years in Deets Library. At least three references in addition to course materials are required. In addition, company information from the company’s Website may be used. Hint: In addition to journals and periodicals relevant to the industry of which your selected company is a part, there may be journals and periodicals relevant to the topic that may be a resource. Note that APA format is required for this paper. An abstract is not required and does not count toward the word count if provided.