Film Assignment Instructions: (1) Discuss two specific topics that you found interesting/learned from the film and (2) Connect each topic to specific concepts, theories, examples, or ideas from the assigned book chapter. Each homework assignment should be approximately two (2) pages double spaced in length (approximately one page per topic).
Paper Format: All uploaded assignments must be typed and double-spaced with a 12-point Times New Roman font and one-inch margins. See MLA Handbook for citation format. Also, please keep a copy of all final drafts for your records.
Guiding questions (not required to answer):
- Why do you think it is that men and boys commit such an overwhelming percentage of violence in America?
- Does Katz argue that biology plays no role in men’s violence? What, exactly, is his critique of those who reduce discussions about male violence to biology?
- What does Katz mean by the term “tough guise”?
- How has this backlash played out on a political level? What’s the link Katz draws between extremist political movements and manhood?
- If men and boys are so often the victims of male violence, why do you think so many people call it male bashing to call attention to men’s violence?
- When women or girls commit acts of violence, why does their gender usually become a prominent and explicit part of the story?
- I wiil send the film when you start it