Instructions: Write an essay (not to exceed one (1) page) that accomplishes the following:
1. Summarize the essay clearly identifying the conclusion and the premises.
2. Discuss the link between education/knowledge and enfranchisement/governance.
3. Discuss Plato’s assessment of democracy as a system of governance and who is best equipped to lead society.
4. Write a critique of Plato’s political philosophy as expressed in the Allegory of the Cave. For example, what could possibly go wrong in a society that is governed by an “elite” group of individuals?
5. Be sure to include a counterexample. (We have to anticipate objections/rebuttals to an argument.)