Please answer all 6 question. Answers are based on the slideshow that i uploaded.
ART HISTORY I: TAKE HOME MIDTERM
Write a 1 – 1 ½ double space, type written answer to EACH question.Each question is worth 10 points for a total of 60 points.
- What are the distinguishing formal features of 12th and 13th century representational art?Was this art more symbolic than naturalistic?How so?Give the example of two works of art, which may be mosaics, paintings, or works on paper.
- Who rediscovered naturalism in 14th century Italian Renaissance art?Why was this artist’s painting so innovative?Give the example of a work of art.
- Compare the Raising of Lazarus by Giotto and Duccio. What are their styles?Do they convey different messages of this biblical story?How so?
- Compare Roger van der Weyden’s Deposition with Pontormo’s Mannerist masterpiece, the Pieta.How are the styles different?Do they express different emotions?
- Explain the stylistic innovations, interpretation, and significance of Masaccio’s Holy Trinity.
- Compare Leonardo da Vinci’s Last Supper with Tintoretto’s.How are their styles and interpretations different?