Recall the historical figures that you learned about in lesson 2.These figures include: Fredrick Douglass, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, and other political.Which person do you think is the most important or influential figure?Complete the following:
- Name the person you think was the most important or influential
- Give 3 reasons why you find this person to be important or influential.
- Find one quotation . Be sure to say where you found your quote.
- Reason 1
- Reason 2
- Reason 3
Here is an example:
- James Madison
- James Madison was influential for the following reasons:
- “With the states retaining considerable power, the central government, he believed, had insufficient power to regulate commerce.”I found this quote in “A More Perfect Union: The Creation of the U.S. Constitution” in lesson 2.4.
- He helped make important changes to the constitution.
- He thought that having a strong central government was important for making the United States a strong country.
- He understood that compromise was important.