Below is a course project that is stretched out of 6 weeks with on part being do each week. Below is an overview of the project as well as the week one assignment. I will do like I did with the other project and do each week for $25.00. If you have any questions let me know 🙂 Thank you in advance for your help!
Throughout this course your ability to draw upon current and prior business management knowledge is key. Using this knowledge, you will create a strategic management plan of an organization of your choosing, while focusing on developing an effective executive summary. Halfway through the project you will need to set original strategic goals for your chosen company to accomplish. The second half of the project will then focus on budgeting and planning for the completion of these goals.
A strategic plan is really a road map for the future of a business. It provides guidance and direction for all aspects of an organization in support of the company’s goals. It draws upon all areas of business including human resources, marketing, IT, and finance, and even looks at the external influences and the competitive marketplace. It requires you to pull together everything you learned throughout your course of study as well as incorporate current and relevant research.
Your final project is due in Week 6. There will be individual assignments, sometimes two in a week, along the way. The week they are due is noted in the time line below.
Company Selection; Ethics and Creating a Mission Statement
Internal and External Analysis; Market Analysis
Human Resources Strategy; Budget Estimates
Technology Allocation; Implementation Timeline
Control and Evaluation Methods; Executive Summary
Reflection; Final Project Submission
Your project is built in stages throughout the course as noted in the timeline above. As you move on to the next stage, be sure to revise your work based on instructor feedback. This is important because week 6 will require you to compile all the previous portions of the project, revise them, and then turn in a completed strategic management plan.
For many stages of the project you will need to conduct additional research. As you do remember:
- Use statements and ideas that you have come up with on your own and blend these with your research. Do not plagiarize. If you want to use actual words from a source, put them in quotation marks and include the source.
- Follow APA format only for citing your sources. For APA guidelines, go to your college’s Online Library which you can access through the Resources tab.
The course project is a strategic management plan for an organization of your choosing. Please read the Course Project – Introduction page in this module before attempting this assignment.
Now it’s time to select a company that you’d like to use for the course project. It’s important that you choose a company that is easily researched. You’re going to need to find information on their current business practices and makeup. That can be very hard to do with small local businesses, but easier with larger publicly traded companies. It’s also important to choose a company that you’re interested in and want to learn about. This will make the project more engaging.
For the assignment this week, write a paper that’s at least a page in length and completes the following:
- Identify a company for which you wish to develop a strategic management plan. You may wish to conduct some preliminary research to help you understand a little more about the company you chose.
- Provide a brief description of the company including what they do, what they’re known for, and their reputation within the current business environment.
- Provide your reasons for selecting this company. Be thorough and specific with your explanation.
The next phase of your strategic management plan will require you to research your company’s history and existing strategic goals. Before we can make major improvements to the business, we first have to understand where they came from and what they’re currently trying to accomplish. Use reliable business sources, the company website, and any traditional appropriate sources to gather as much background information that you can.
For the assignment this week, write a paper that’s at least two pages in length and addresses the following:
- Detail the history of the business. Explain how they got their start but focus mostly on how their business has changed over the last 15 years. Provide a picture of how they adapt to change and any major obstacles that they’ve had to overcome.
- Include some information on the top executives at the company and the role that they’ve played in those last 15 years.
- Provide the company’s existing mission statement and code of ethics. In what way do they articulate their ethical practices through policies and public outreach and why is this important?
- Identify two areas of concern ethically and explain those choices. Make sure to discuss why you feel that are areas of ethical concern. Think critically about where your chosen company has the potential for ethical dilemmas. For example, an accounting firm would be concerned with fraud.
- Rewrite your company’s mission statement. The idea is to provide clarity and set the new strategic direction that you think the company should be moving towards. Include a paragraph explaining the changes that you’ve made and why.