The Research Paper. Based on your selected urban planning topic, analyze the key issues with the use of exhibits and an appendix.
You must include (but are not limited to) a discussion of the historical background and contemporary issues related to the paper topic. You must also include an evaluation regarding the plausible political issues that urban planners could potentially encounter and the potential consequences that could result from decision making. Be sure to apply key concepts from this course in your Research Paper.
The Research Paper
- Must be 10 pages double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages)
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least 10 scholarly sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library, in addition to the course text.
- TheScholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sourcestable offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
1. Price J. 1996. Household Waste Recycling in the UK and the Netherlands: A Comparative Study of Sheffield and Amsterdam. Unpublished PhD Thesis, University of Luton, U.K.
2. Sandhu, K. (2014). Historical trajectory of waste management; an analysis using the health belief model. Management of Environmental Quality, 25(5), 615. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1660952099?accountid=32521
3. Role of urban planning and management retrieved from http://pubs.usgs.gov/circ/1973/0601h/report.pdf
4. Water Quality Compliance Master Plan retrieved from http://www.lastormwater.org/about-us/water-quality-compliance-master-plan/
5. Water sanitation health retrieved from http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/hygiene/emergencies/envsanfactsheets/en/in dex2.html
6. What are urban water management plans? retrieved from – 8 – [no notes on this page] NEW YORK CITY WASTE MANAGEMENT 9 http://www.water.ca.gov/urbanwatermanagement/
7. What is water pollution? retrieved from http://www.conserve-energy-future.com/sources-and-causes-of-water-pollution.ph
8. Levy, J. M. (2013).Contemporary urban planning(10th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson-Prentice Hall Press.
10. Fredrickson, H. G. (1994).Can public officials correctly be said to have obligations to future generations?Public Administration Review, 54(5), 457-464. Retrieved from https://publicadministrationreview.org/