1. Summary and Central Problem: Clear and Concise Definition of the Problem in the Situation.( Clear Definition)
2. Environmental Scan and SWOT analysis (Focus on the Cultural/Social, Economic, Technological, Political and Legal, Demographic, and Competitive factors)
3. SWOT analysis (Thorough and complete analysis of the macro-environment, using proper tools and concepts, and complete SWOT.)
4. Alternative Strategies: Identify all possible alternative strategies to cope with the problem defined. (Completely identifying alternative strategies)
5. Course of Action. (Conclusions and related consequences and implications are logical and reflect an informed evaluation and ability to place evidence and perspectives discussed in priority order. Identifies and discusses the right course of action.
Coca Colaâ€™s New Vending Machine (A)
1. Is selling Coke through interactive vending machines a good or bad idea? Why?
2. What is Coke? What does Coke mean to the average consumer?
3. Where, how, and for whom does this technology create/ destroy value? For example, loyal Coke customers, switchers among cola products, loyal Pepsi customers, etc.?
4. Are there any pricing related issues that can adversely affect the firm?