This assignment has two parts, one part to bring to class and the other part to turn in on Canvas. Discuss your answers in fully developed sentences.
On Thursday, September 21, Ms. Heather Miller will be the guest speaker in class. She is the Director of the Delta State University Office of Institutional Grants, she works closely with faculty and staff in securing external funding for education, research, scholarship, and service projects. She previously worked at The Delta Center for Culture and Learning.
Conduct background research on the grant writing/grant consulting industry. Either type and print or handwrite your response and bring to class on Thursday prepared to discuss. Identify your response with your name and class. Use at least one source for your research and cite it.
- Explain with examples what service characteristics (chapter 2) discussed in class apply to this industry?
- Explain with examples what type of internal and external influences from the Consumer Behavior Model (chapter 3) influence the customers of this industry?
- Explain with examples what some of the current trends in this industry are? This should not be your opinion but facts found in your research.
- Explain with examples what some of the current challenges in this industry are? This should not be your opinion but facts found in your research.
- Explain with examples what opportunities for growth are in this industry?
Part 2 (turn in on Canvas before class Thursday)
- Find at least one news article pertaining to this industry and provide a URL to it in the text entry box. Discuss anything interesting you read about the article.
- Develop at least two questions to ask the speaker based on your research and provide them in the text entry box.