In Wk 2, you completed a SWOT analysis on a successful company that demonstrated a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace. Now, you will shift your focus to look at a company that is failing or experiencing challenges in the area of financial performance.
Select and research a company that is having financial difficulties or is on the brink of bankruptcy. Be sure to choose a specific company!
Review “Where Can I Find a Company’s Annual Report and Its SEC Filings?” from Investopedia.
You can also access specific information about a variety of businesses in the University Library by searching the following databases:
- University Library > Databases > B > Business Source Complete
- University Library > Databases > E > EDGAR
- University Library > Databases > P > Plunkett Research Online
Conduct a strategic analysis of the company’s current financial operations. Determine strategies for achieving a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace and increasing financial performance.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word analysis. When writing your analysis, complete the following:
- Evaluate the company’s current financial plan, including charts and/or graphs showing financial data from the struggling company, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Determine strategies for achieving a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace and increasing financial performance.
- Create a plan to implement the strategies you selected.
Use paragraphs for each question!
Include APA-formatted, in-text citations, and a reference page with at least 3 sources.