Create a PowerPoint presentation on the lasting effects of child abuse using the attachments
Presentation engages the audience by using elements such as images, graphs, and charts. Appropriate citations must be included.
Three (3) vetted credible sources. .
Presentation must include a transcript of what you would say if you were giving the report.
If you have multimedia skills and want to add creative content to your presentation, please do! Try to add any of the following enhancements and as you do, think about how it will impact your presentation and improve communication with the intended audience.
- Voice narration, closed captioning, script.
- Appropriate background music (must be cited on the reference page).
- Creative use of slide animations and transitions.
Effects of child abuse 3
EFFECTS OF CHILD ABUSE
A child is a is entitled to quick emotions and reactions when anything wrong is done to him/her. From the beginning children have been left under the care of their parents to be protected from any form of abuse. If not taken care of they will be at the risk of being abused in different ways.
There are several ways a child can be abused, these includes; sexual harassment, emotional torture, excess beatings and so much more. However, if a child is abused in any of these manner they will develop some side effects out of these abuses. Polansky, N. A. (1976). Some of these changes will remain permanent in their psychology and the trauma can last until they are grown enough to protect themselves.
One of the effects child abuse will cause is, sadness, a child may remain sad for a long time and even put a sad face whenever they remember the abuse. The child will also have low self-esteem and cannot be able to interact with fellow children in freedom, they become fearful whenever they are around people. Wolfe, D. A. (1999). They cannot be courageous to stand and express themselves before other kids. They may be subjected to use of drugs and substances and this may tamper with their psychology and therefore put them in the risk of losing sanity.
They may also develop health effects such as headaches eating disorders, heart disease mental health issues, obesity, substance use disorders. These issues are caused by stress and their bodies may no longer function normally and this can even lead to death.
Polansky, N. A. (1976). Child neglect: An annotated bibliography.
Wolfe, D. A. (1999). Child abuse: Implications for child development and psychopathology. SAGE Publications.
February 20, 2022
· Topic: My chosen topic is the: Does child abuse or neglect leave a lasting effect on a child and does it carry on to adulthood
· Sexual abuse
· Scope and value:
· What is the scope of the topic and your research? The value of my topic is to determine if childhood traumas and events affect people once they become teenagers and later on adults.
· What value does it bring to your life? To your professional life? Understanding how children perceive traumas as a child will help to understand how they will interpret what happened to them as they get older and have a better understanding of the wrongness that was done.
· Communication medium:
· How are you going to communicate your project: I will use power point presentation to present my project which will consist of researched information on the lasting affects of abuse on a children.
· How will you make your presentation different and unique? My presentation will consist of graphics and pictures along with peer reviewed and scholarly articles.
· Critical thinking questions:
· Pose different questions that will help you with your research and investigate your topic in more depth. My focus question would be: When abused as a child are children able to understand what they went through and how it affect their future.
· Post critical questions that will push you to improve. At what age should parents start to teach their children about abuse and encouraging them to tell when someone has hurt or attempted to hurt them.
· Subtopics (optional). Does one form of abuse (physical, sexual) cause more harm than the other.
As a child you look for you parents to protect you from any form of abuse. Sometimes the parents are the ones that is causing the abuse which makes it harder for the children to understand that abuse is wrong in any form no matter who the abuse is coming from. Understanding how to recognize different forms of abuse and neglect isn’t always as easy as just finding a bruise or two but sometimes recognizes the signs can help to know if a child is going through something. I have children of my own and this is the biggest reason for my topic choice. Another reason is wanting to know how to over come the rage and anger from being abused a child myself by a close family member.
February 20, 2022
February 20, 2022